2003 3.3 HP wont full throttle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinmo65622

Reaction score
The motor will start first pull and it will run up to about half throttle then you open it up and it dies. Gotta be a carb problem but it only has like 6 hours on the motor so i dont understand how this could be. Any thoughts.

Let's see here......6 hours run time in 8 years or, broken down - 45 minutes/year, Hmmmmmmm I think you may be onto something with your carb problem thinking. My generator doesn't get run much either and I have to do a carb job on it before the Hurricane season. In short, it isn't the hours on the engine, its the hours, days, weeks, and months of not running that turns gasoline into varnish.

Well I cleaned it took it all the way apart. Cleaned the inside parts and passages. Still not improved. I would not have thought it would need a rebuild. Seems way to fast. Who knows. For now its running just not perfect. I dont go far from where i put in anyway. Trolling away until i fig it out.

Guess it could be something in a line. hadnt thought about that. Thanks will check it out

Latest posts