Not what I expected

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
How fast should a 7.5 push a 1232 with two 180lb guys? I couldn't get it to plane out and it would only run about 8mph up river and 13mph down. Tried the pin in several different holes with no real increase, a few things to note are that my cavitation plate is 2 inches low and it has a 3 blade prop the previous owner called a " speed prop ". The boat is only rated for a 7 so I was really hoping the 7.5 would push it along pretty good. I have a jack plate to correct the height issues I am just anxious about drilling holes in the transom of my brand new boat.

I doubt a 7.5 is going to plane the boat with two adults in it. Is the bow sitting too high when at full speed?

So I'm basically out of luck without breaking the law huh. I guess it is what it is. I don't think the bow is too high I trimmed it up and down without much difference. I am just worried about what I'm going to have by the time I add floors tolling motors carpet ect.

Latest posts