15 HP Yahama 4-stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverNude

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just got a boat with 15 HP yahama 4-stroke, electric start tiller motor with ~150 hours on it. It should be a 2005 engine.

The engine is just barely, barely enough for my boat when loaded up, so I have been considering the possibility of upgrading (my boat is rated for a 25hp).

I was wondering what y'all thought a reasonable asking range would be for this motor (in excellent shape, mostly freshwater use)? Also, if I go for a 25hp, looks like people like a Mercury/Tohatsu 2-stroke, and I was curious to see what a typical price range would be for a newer motor like that.

Thanks!!

Welcome!
Well, I think a fair asking price (taking into consideration, low hours, electric start, 2005, fresh water) I would start at $1,500 and see where it goes from there. If anyone s interested they will most likely hondle (so figure around 100 bucks.) But I think that 1500 is very possible for a motor that is only 5 years old and costs over $3,000 new.
The mercury/tohatsu 25hp motors are great and very powerful. The typical price range for one between the years of 2000- 2005 (no changes in the motor in 5 years except for stickers) would be about $1500. Since they are two strokes they will be in higher demand but they cost lest to buy new.

For the 15 horse I think it would be reasonable for you to put it in the back of whatever vehicle you own and drop it off at my house. If I am home I might even help you pick it up and put it on the back of my boat. :D

Latest posts