1989 Force 50HP Not Working

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama.hunter

Reaction score
I just bought a boat to retore and I can get the motor to do anything when hooked up to a battery. When I hook the battery up navigation lights work, horn works, but neither the motor or the trim will try to work. I'm some familiar with wiring, but I where would be the best place to start. Also I think the kill switch is questionable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

that's a good start. My advice ...be methodical in your approach so as to not produce redundant tests and get your hands on the repair manual. Make a plan and focus on one circuit at a time. Start with the kill switch, ignition, starter and so on. Good luck

beerman

Thanks for a starting point and I think I found the correct wiring diagram for the motor which should help.

Thanks, Jay

Luckily I know very little about the Force engine, however I would have to believe that the cause here is a fuse. On the Johnson and Evinrude product when the trim dies as well as the engine the harness fuse is almost always blown. Take a look around the engine and see.

Latest posts