40 hp evinrude?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Whats the thoughts on putting one on a 1860? Would I always be wishing I would have waited for a 60hp to come along?

Measuring from the where the transom contacts the mount the guy says it is 18 inches to the cavitation plate. Does that make it a long shaft? ***After finding a couple of topics in the archives I'm thinking this is probably a short shaft. The guy selling it said it was on a 16 foot boat.

What year motor? I have a '67 33hp, and the cavitation plate is about the same length. I believe it was that length because of where the waterpump is placed from my research. I know the motors in the 50's and 60's all had longer shaft lengths because of this.

I talked to the guy some more and it is a late 80's early 90's motor. But I'm going to pass on it. It was one of those deals where the guy was owed money and took the boat, motor etc. for payment then junked the boat. So he couldn't tell me much about it.

Latest posts