oil/fuel ratio

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KICKEDBACK

Reaction score
pappy, thanks for the response and I am now aware about the oil mix on my 57 johnson, it seems that the oils they mixed then are not the same as today...so a 20:1 will work . My 88 25hp Evinrude/tiller is up and running strong then I discovered the hard way that the repair I made on the shifter shaft did not last so I get to pop the power head again, oh well so much for trying to save a buck! I'm glad I don't have to earn a living this way :lol: there is a question on this motor, how is it supposed to shut off?? with out using the lanyard/emergancy kill switch? I thought if the throttle butterfly was closed completely that would work but there is a hole in the center and it just sits and idles perfect!? This unit was all original and no where is there a sign of a "switch". If you know please tell me, I know it's something simple but so am I. talk to you later.

there may be a button on the end of your throttle handle that you simply have to push in to shut it down. Also if there is an idle adjustment knob at the end of the throttle handle you can turn it counter clockwise and lower the idle timing to the point it will shut down when the handle is returned all the way to idle.

Pappy said:
there may be a button on the end of your throttle handle that you simply have to push in to shut it down. Also if there is an idle adjustment knob at the end of the throttle handle you can turn it counter clockwise and lower the idle timing to the point it will shut down when the handle is returned all the way to idle.
Howdy, the button on the end of the throttle is the emergency/ lanyard kill switch and it does work. O.K. I now understand the details of synchronization of the ignition and fuel system. The knob you talk about has a "spacer" type bar that will allow, or not, the retard of the throttle/timing...if it's done correct then I will have my "normal" engine stop. Thank you very much :D :D :D

Latest posts