help with o-rings and starter rope

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish N Phil

Reaction score
:fishing: HI Guys have almost got engine running got all new parts as recommended tune up kit and crab kit.
Also got the new tank kit works great on my pressure tank.
The only thing is have to replace o-rings in quick connect.... can you Ole pros tell me how to do that :?:
Also one more thing lost my pull rope on my starter and now having trouble getting recoil in place.
I have springs and clips looks like to stop the recoil after pulling.
Have it all apart and need help to get together can you help please :?:
Thanks Phil

Being careful not to gouge up the brass insert you will need to source a fine pick of some sort and dig out every bit of the O-rings in the fuel connector. Or, you can go into AOMCI.org and look up a fellow named Frank Robb who makes a tool that makes this job so easy its almost a sin.
On your recoil it may be better to take it to a shop and let them do it. It is a fairly simple job but as the spring gets tighter it can hurt ya'! At least let them take a look at your spring, get you the exact amount of the correct rope for you and if you are lucky a mechanic will walk you through the process. Kind of hard to do here. Would like to see pics of this project of yours when you are done!

Hey thanks Pappy I will check on frank robb.
And not sure just were to take it here were iam.
Not many small shops here mostly dealers and WOW the cost for that.
Anyway thanks and as for the post Pics will do

Latest posts