How to adjust the angle my motor sits at

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatherfire89

Reaction score
I just picked up this '94 evinrude 50/35 jet and I am trying to figure out how to adjust the angle the motor sits at. Is moving the bolt to one of the other two holes on the bracket the only option (see third pic)? I see there are some numbered dash lines (first pic) on the tilt tube and I was hoping they might have something to do with more minor angle adjustments. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF4816.JPG
    DSCF4816.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 502
  • DSCF4818.JPG
    DSCF4818.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 502
  • DSCF4819.JPG
    DSCF4819.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 502
Yep, that's the only adjustment. Best advice I can give you is get on ebay and buy a tilt trim pump. It makes a worlds diffrence in how they run. I won't own a jet without tilt trim.

Yep, the pins are the "normal" method.

Additional options, depending on your needs, are to add "wedges" to tuck the motor further under. A simple and modest cost approach.

Another option is to put the motor onto a CMC hydraulic tilt/trim device. That is an expensive approach. CMC offers two sizes...one up to 35 hp and the other up to 100 or more. I don't know which would be correct given your motor is a jet rather than a prop unit.

If your motor provides for hydraulic tilt/trim... that is the best situation.

The ability to trim is a really big help on ANY motor. regards, Rich

Latest posts