Is this a shift AND throttle control box?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatherfire89

Reaction score
Got this with my motor. Does the main lever control both throttle and shift? There is also a little black lever that seats into control box and I'm not sure what its for. Thanks.

ADDITION: So I got my new cables hooked up. When I move the main lever one cable moves and when I move the smaller black lever the other cable moves (only about 1.25"). So is there some sort of electronic signal between the throttle under the hood of the motor and the control box? I dont understand how the motor will accelerate and shift if the main lever on the control box only moves one of the two cables coming out of the box.

Attachments

• DSCF4820.JPG
    DSCF4820.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCF4821.JPG
    DSCF4821.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 367
its an all in one. i had the same one in my 15' runabout. the little lever on mine used to increase the idle,for warmup i think. mine did anyway.

Yes the control box, controls the shift and throttle. The little lever is the fast idle. It is used in place of the choke. Lift it up and start the motor. Once it is warmed up push it back down.

That is true. The key usually pushes in for the choke. But once the fast idle lever is pulled up and your starting it, you might have to push the choke in once to get it to fire, but then the fast idle takes over and usually you do not need to do anything else.