Very little water comming out hole now!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcrockett222

Reaction score
So I bought this mercury 7.5 to use while I rebuild my 40, everything was fine motor ran good. Motor had a good stream comming out the hole as soon as it started. Motor sit for about a month and a half while I was working on boat, went out a couple of days ago and them motor started after a few pulls. After the motor started it took about 30 secs for the water to start comming out, and there was very little water and mist comming out. It was running fine but it bothered me so I killed it to be safe.

I left the motor in the water barrel for all that time could that have caused the problem.

Mine did that the last time i ran it. I ran my finger over the pisser and it started pissing fine. There must have been some kinda dirt blocking it up. Good luck

I am not sure where you live but here in Mississippi dirt dobber wasp with plug one up. I have to check for this everytime I get ready to go fishing.

Well I found the problem!
Put fresh water in the barrel and then flushed it, it was full of ants and dirt. Put in the new plugs and fired right up with a good stream.

fender66 said:
I HATE ANTS! Really.....I do! :shock:

aunts-rant-logo-v4.gif

I had a problem one time with my motor not pissing right and I knew the impellar was good and the water pump was good. I got an air compressor and blew air in to the pisser and that dislodged whatever it was that was clogging the stream.