oil mixing ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marine oil is formulated for cooler running outboard motors. Non marine two cycle oils are formulated for hot running handheld equipment Mixing ratio is 50:1. I would also use a product called Sta Bil, as most gasoline these days have ethanol which will eat up rubber hoses. There are two kinds, obviously use the marine grade.

thank you very much. also I notice when I have it in my 55gal drum thing i,ve been using to run it I seen the water got oily and there was like waste oil on the bottom after I drained it is this normal

headhunter954 said:
thank you very much. also I notice when I have it in my 55gal drum thing i,ve been using to run it I seen the water got oily and there was like waste oil on the bottom after I drained it is this normal

Yep, it is normal. It is unburned fuel and oil. You have more completed burning of fuel/oil when you are running your motor on your boat at higher rpms and wide open throttle.

cajuncook1 said:
headhunter954 said:

Yep, it is normal. It is unburned fuel and oil. You have more completed burning of fuel/oil when you are running your motor on your boat at higher rpms and wide open throttle.

what he said!

Latest posts