how to add a "tell tail"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmaster11

Reaction score
I have a 1991 5hp force outboard its in awesome shape to be 20 years old the only thing is parts are hard to find and i don't know a lot about outboards i have a service manual i got from ebay that has helped allot the only thing is i cant tell if its pumping water im going to replace the impeller and whatever else needs to be change but the motor was made with out an above water way to see if it is pumping water i herd you can add a tube to see if it is or know as a "tell tail" does anyone have any ides how to do this? If so please respond thank you

If memory serves me right, it seems that I was told a while back about drilling a hole in the reed plate and adding threading it to accept a hose barb. Then adding a piece of hose and running through a hole drilled in the belly pan. But please do not quote me on this. Let me look around again. I am not familiar with that motor and I do not really remember where I was told to drill.

Latest posts