force 50 head

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haymon15

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting a new head gasket on my motor which is a 1989 50 horse force outboard. I separated the head and the front plate to clean the water passages. I cant seem to understand the water passages adn should i pull the exhaust covers off and clean them while im at it. I noticed small passages around the cylinder head and is there some kind of hole wherer the water flows around the head?
thanks
ken

I found a small tube that was located behind the theromstat in the enging block. It was crushed and not very big at all. What would its function be?

Not knowledgeable on Force so don't hold me to it. That piece may be what I would call a diverter. It is installed in a cast passage to limit or divert the flow of water. Usually when overheated these diverters will melt and possibly restrict water flow so replace it. Johnson and Evinrude crossflow engines have these in them.

I have the same motor, did you add a tell-tail to yours so it pees? I added one to mine....thankfully.....at the end of that season mine stopped peeing. I ended up replacing rthe impeller and the thermostat and it peed pretty good again. Now (season and a half later) it doesn't seem to pee as good as it should......I am wondering if this tube has anything to do with mine.....my question is....

Does the tube look like it is supposed to be bent or does it look like it was bent from use?

Latest posts