"Kick Up Lever" Stuck Down

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
As the title says, the lever on my Evinrude that locks the motor down (for reverse and transport) or allows it to kick up if I hit a stump is stuck down. It was working fine yesterday when I got on the water. Over the course of a couple hours of me moving the trim pin around, it decided to quit working.

This lever won't go up/forward.

8-1.jpg

I run a lot of shallow water, so I like to have it where it can kick up.

I just pulled the pin and locked the motor up with the L brackets and I can't for the life of me figure out why the lever won't go all the way forward :?: Everything looks to be in order under there as far as I can tell.

IMG00228-20110623-1327-1.png

The rod with the red dot on it pulls the bar with the green dot on it, which would allow the motor to kick up. Problem the lever can't go all the way forward/up, meaning that rod can't pull that bar, so it stays locked down.

Anyone had a similar problem?

I couldn't stand it, so I went out and messed around until I figured it out. There is a screw that was completely covered in 28 years worth of grease that had come loose just enough to allow the lever to slip out a little bit. Cleaned it up, put the lever back in, tightened the screw down, and it's working better than it was when I got it.

IMG00229-20110623-1536.png

Latest posts