MOTOR TROUBLE.....CARB PART 2

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnfish

Reaction score
A FEW WEEKS AGO MY BOAT WOULD IDLE FINE BUT DIE WHEN I GAVE IT GAS,THEN IT RAN FINE WITH HALF OR FULL THROTTLE AND WOULD NOT IDLE, NOW ALL IT WILL DO IS START AND IDLE,AND IDLE IN GEAR.....ANY IDEAS??? 25HP JOHNSON 1980 TILLER ELECTRIC/MANUAL STARRT. I DID CLEAN THE ENGINE,COULD WATER HAVE GOTTEN IN WHERE IT SHOULDNT BE?????

So many possibilities? It could have water in the float bowl. It could be the fuel pump. It could be sucking air from a a bad gasket or hose. It could have a clogged line between the tank and the motor. I could go on and on. Maybe there is someone on here who has a better idea of the problem and can help you.

KMixson said:
So many possibilities? It could have water in the float bowl. It could be the fuel pump. It could be sucking air from a a bad gasket or hose. It could have a clogged line between the tank and the motor. I could go on and on. Maybe there is someone on here who has a better idea of the problem and can help you.

NOT THE FUEL PUMP,IT IDLES.NOT THE FUEL LINE BETWEEN TANK AND MOTOR(CHECKED THAT). I DO KNOW THE GASKET BETWEEN THE SILENCER AND THE CARB HAS A SMALL BAD SPOT.??????

Sounds like its not getting enough gas so I would take the carb back apart and see what's going on.
You can get a squirt bottle with some fuel mix in it and squirt some in the carb throat as your opening it up. If it revs up then you know you have a fuel problem.

Latest posts