04 yamaha 25hp help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickMarlin

Reaction score
I have a question on converting a controll over to a tiller. I looked and could only find a tiller kit for a 40hp not a 25hp and it cost $406 dollars. I looked around and saw a conversion kit for a '94 25hp yamaha. and was wondering if that would work? i know the years aint the same but doesnt it serve the same purpose dont it? and if it dont could yall tell me why. im 17 and i aint got a money tree in the back so any other ideas cant break the bank. i hope i can get this worked out before the next weekend cause i got a fishin trip comming up. thanks for yall help!

Sure it serves the same purpose but there could have been a design change that won't allow it to work.
Your best bet is to get out your phone book and look up your local boat dealer that services Yamaha outboards. If the kit is available then they can get it but odds are they won't stock the kit and it will need to be ordered and that could take days or weeks.
You might look into selling your outboard and buying one with a tiller. Yamaha's are pretty valuable so you would most likely end up with some cash in your pocket.

Latest posts