Pivot Grease Needed (Leaking)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
I have grease leaking here so how concerned should I be?
Should I just add grease from time time or is this something that needs to be fixed ASAP?
Is High Temp wheel bearing grease ok to use for the motor left/right pivot function?
1986 Evinrude 30hp
GreaseArea.jpg

Id say thats completely normal. If your haveing problems with it getting washed out, try Green Grease. Its 100% waterproof so its perfect for outboards and trailer hubs. I use it for everything because its whats in my grease gun. Its pricey at about 8 bucks a tube but a tube of grease goes a long way.

If it stops leaking out there you have problems. I hit mine a few times each season depending on use - it is fine

I like the idea of the Green Grease - where do I get some?

Captain Ahab said:
If it stops leaking out there you have problems. I hit mine a few times each season depending on use - it is fine

I like the idea of the Green Grease - where do I get some?
I get mine up the street at Auto Zone. they sell it in the full size tubes and the mini tubes. Heres a link to the site. They have a list of retailers. I'm sure its sold somplace close to you.

www.greengrease.net/

I am not affiliated with Green Grease in any way. They just make a darn good product!!

Latest posts