Help on Suzuki Spirit!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58superseaman

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could find a seal kit for the lower unit on a 1978 Suzuki (Arctic) Spirit 16 (DT16)? I'm going up north next week so I need to get the parts before then. There are 2 suzuki marine dealers kind of on my way up there so I'll call them Monday.

I would try this place :https://store.brownspoint.com/dt16.asp

I wouldn't let a leaky lower unit stop me from using it unless it was a major oil leak.

It's a pretty serious leak. I came out one day to see my gear oil oozing out of the seam between the lower and upper part of the lower unit. Browns Point had all but 2 O rings. I ended up over nighting everything from them. Maybe a waste of money, since the only thing that looked bad was the water pump plate gasket, but It's worth it for the piece of mind. I really like how easy everything is to service on this motor so far.

I should add that I drained the oil to find a lot of water and some black stuff. I only had maybe a couple hours on it since the last change.

Latest posts