Motor opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooter brown

Reaction score
I have a 1984 Evinrude E50BELCR that came on a jon boat I bought a few years ago. I ended up putting a tiller on the boat and it has not been used. The motor is in rough shape. It ran briefly before I changed it out. It needed a new wiring harness. The foot had been welded up. It didn't leak but the weld job is terrible looking. It has good compression. I no longer have the control box for it. I have been told that this is not a desirable motor due to the fact that it is a 2 cylinder instead of 3 cylinder. I am in need of a 15-16' galvanized trailer and have someone who wants to work out a trade on one. What do you think this motor is worth? I believe the trailer is worth about $150-200, that he wants to swap out. Opinions?

Thanks

Eric

Sounds like a good deal. If your motor is as rough looking as you say then it would be tough to sell.
Sounds like your motor would be worth more in parts then whole. You can check out ebay's completed auctions for 50hp Evinrude/Johnsons and see what used oem parts are worth.