Too much oil?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will also be a larger amount of 'goo' (sp)',lol,dripping out of exhaust after you back boat into the driveway...ole lady really hates that!
DanD

Ok, my motor is running a little weak and I am getting the oil dripping so I am going to mix up a new 50:1 mixture and do it right this time.

Ok, my motor is running a little weak and I am getting the oil dripping so I am going mix up a new 50:1 mixture and do it right this time. Poor wasted gas. :(

and also....I know it's been up here before on the mixture ratio thing, but my Johnson has a sticker right by the fuel inlet that says 100:1....I've run the mixture at that since I got it and have had zero problems....smokes just a little when cold, then clears right up and starts first pull everytime after......point being, I would'nt be so married to the 50:1 figure...

I know of some hi-po two-stroke motorcycle guys who swear by 125:1 for their machines, even though the factory recommended no more than 40:1. Granted, these are some really hard-core hill climber/sand dragger guys with bikes that have been extensively modified and that normally only run about 5-10 seconds under full throttle....

ALL outboards that require a 50:1 ratio, can safely run at 75:1 (I've actually been told at 100:1), but the manufacurer just wants to protect their product. They figure better too much than not enough. 8)
I've ALWAYS ran my smaller outboards (9.9 or 15hp) that require a premix, at a 64:1 ratio (2 oz of oil per 1 gallon of gas) 8) and use nothing but 100% Amsoil synthetic oil, along with Seafoam in every gallon.