69 merc 110 help locating parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfox74

Reaction score
I have a '69 model 9.8 Merc 110. Here's a list of the parts I need.
carb kit (side bowl KB-8A)
Fuel pump kit ( 53240 stamped on the side.. it's rectangular)
Both fuel lines; the one from the tank connector and the one from the powerhead

Also need the kill switch and wires if possible, if not available would the motor run without the switch? I assume all the kill switch does is short the points out to kill the engine although I'm not sure if the switch is open or closed to run.
I can find the carb kit online but am having trouble finding everything else.

Maybe on the fuel lines I could find some brass fuel line fittings with hose barbs and just use regular fuel line.. Any chance of that?

Any help would be appreciated

These people may have your parts. https://store.eastcoastmarineservice.com/product_p/31503a1.htm

Those motors didn't come with a kill switch.

Go to an auto parts store for your fuel lines.

The issue wasn't finding fuel line hose it was the brass elbows to fit in the fuel pump and the fuel line adaptor. Found some little brass elbows at work that fit and located one 1/8" hose barb at the hardware store, now if I can just find another one I'll have the fuel line issue solved.
This model did have a "stop switch".

that link is close to the same part but not quite . I think I found one at boats .net
https://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mercury/110/1865779%20THRU%202798056/FUEL%20PUMP%20ASSEMBLY/parts.html#

Attachments

• 0729011855.jpg
    0729011855.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 451
  • 0729011838a.jpg
    0729011838a.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 451
  • 0729011855a.jpg
    0729011855a.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 451
Yep that is a stop switch but not a kill switch. A kill switch will have a laynard attached to it that is attached to your body and the other end to the motor.. If you fall over board the clip will go with you killing the motor. Go to wallyworld and you can get brass fittings for air hose lines used with compresser hoses that will fit or any auto parts store.

Well I learned something. I found a momentary switch laying around my shop that fits the hole perfectly , so I'll make a new wiring harness and should be good to go.. or stop as it were. Carb kit and impeller should be here tommorrow and the fuel pump diaphragm sometime this week. Also found the brass fittings I needed at Ace hardware. Worked a piece of trimmer string into the peehole and blew it out good from the water pickup tube below.

So far so good.
New fuel tank, hose and primer bulb, some brass fittings, a carb kit, a fuel pump diaphragm and a water pump impeller. I got it started this morning and it runs decent and idles pretty smooth and it's peeing like it should. Only hitch in the get-a-long so far is the connection between the fuel line from the tank and the fuel line adaptor on the motor leaks when I pump the bulb. It doesn't seem to leak while it's running. I just bypassed it with some brass fittings reducing the hose from 3/8" to 1/4" while I decide whether to bite the bullet and pay an obscene price for a new female adapter.($50) or an even more obscene price for the little male motor connection ($65) The only place I found them online was OldMercs. Anybody have a cheaper alternative?

Attachments

• 0806011528.jpg
    0806011528.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 0806011401.jpg
    0806011401.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 391

Latest posts