I need a cheap prop for a Johnson 6

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbillsfan311

Reaction score
Anybody know of any websites where I can buy a cheap prop for my '73 Johnson 6hp? The one I have know worn down pretty well from years in the river and now has troubles getting in front of the current. I'm a cheap s.o.b. and can't justify spending $120 on a prop that is going on an old beater. Maybe a vintage motor site or whatever? I did find one on eBay for $75 but it's another $25 to ship. I'm thinking like $50 total. Thanks for any help you guys are able to give.

mrbillsfan311 said:
Anybody know of any websites where I can buy a cheap prop for my '73 Johnson 6hp? The one I have know worn down pretty well from years in the river and now has troubles getting in front of the current. I'm a cheap s.o.b. and can't justify spending $120 on a prop that is going on an old beater. Maybe a vintage motor site or whatever? I did find one on eBay for $75 but it's another $25 to ship. I'm thinking like $50 total. Thanks for any help you guys are able to give.

BLC Marine

Bobby "BLC" Chapman
Buy & Sell Marine Equipment
Any condition
Specializing in OMC outboard
Dickinson, Texas

[email protected]

281-337-1805
713-705-0664
806-256-2089

I have bought a couple of things from him in the past 1 1/2 years and his prices are fair and the parts are in good shape. He is an honest man. I have recommended him to others as well.

Alright, another cheapskate!

Where are you located? I think I have a prop from a 20hp 1973 Johnson that I just sold and a prop from a 1976 4hp Johnson if they will fit. I was just cleaning my garage yesterday and forgot I had those props. If you think they'll work, just pay the shipping and their yours.

Upon closer inspection, I think they were off the 20hp Johnson as they are way too big to fit on the 4hp.

nomowork said:
Alright, another cheapskate!

Where are you located? I think I have a prop from a 20hp 1973 Johnson that I just sold and a prop from a 1976 4hp Johnson if they will fit. I was just cleaning my garage yesterday and forgot I had those props. If you think they'll work, just pay the shipping and their yours.

Upon closer inspection, I think they were off the 20hp Johnson as they are way too big to fit on the 4hp.

Sweet! Glad I'm not the only penny pincher! I'm located in the "Ice Cream Capital of the World" also known as Le Mars, Iowa. If you still got the props, I'd be happy to make the extra space in your garage.

mrbillsfan311 said:
Sweet! Glad I'm not the only penny pincher! I'm located in the "Ice Cream Capital of the World" also known as Le Mars, Iowa. If you still got the props, I'd be happy to make the extra space in your garage.

Both props have imprinting on them 6 x 6 or maybe 9 x 9 (most likely 9 x 9)? Again, they maybe off of the 1973 20hp Johnson.

Both props have imprinting on them 6 x 6 or maybe 9 x 9 (most likely 9 x 9)? Again, they maybe off of the 1973 20hp Johnson.[/quote]

Bummer, they are not gonna fit. Too small or too big. Need 8 x 7 1/4 but hey, thanks for the help and I am looking at a Johnson 20hp a guy down the street has for sale so I might still be looking you up. BLC is on the prowl for me so thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts