Keeping motor straight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep your motor straight when trailering it with a transom saver. I know it doesn't hurt anything, but it just bugs me!

Jeff

I use a bungie strap on the steering wheel of mine but a bungie strap wrapped and hooked anywhere would work I think.

Mine is a tiller handle and I just installed it. took it out to break it in this a.m. and the thing just tilted sideways and stayed there. there is a bungee on it, and i tried ever way possible to make it stop and it wouldn't?

Two bungiees maybe. Put one on each side they need to be tight . the pull and counter pull should keep it straight.

Yea transom saver does hold the motor straight. Its not really ment to keep rocks from hitting the paint is used to reduce the stress on the transom when hitting bumps with the outboard bouncing. Its is a great product to have because it basically fixes everything.

if you kick it up so the lu is out of the line of fire it will . i bought a 25 merc from a guy that always tied it to the right, there are so many chips in that side ,feels like non slip textured paint.the other side looks like new.. when i tow now .the skeg is just a little above the bottom.... just my observations

I have a transom saver, but it still tilts to one side or the other......???

Tried everything that we could think of and it still tilts??

What lever are you talking about?

Yes i have a bungie that holds the transom saver to the motor

i have 2 handles,one on each side of transom. i bungee the motor with 1 strap hooked to the handles and mine dont move....

I have two different transom savers for both boats. They both keep the motors straight by using the "V" and the bungee cord. Maybe your lower unit is not putting enough pressure on the "V"?

My Honda outboard also has a locking lever to lock the motor in what ever position for towing.

A tight bungee on each side of the motor works for me. I'll post a pic, but it won't be till tomorrow evening

Latest posts