Nissan 2-stroke 15HP to 18HP Conversion?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT2

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted an older Nissan 15HP 2-stroke with the 18HP carb? I'm wondering if it's really a plug-n-play operation on the carb only, or are there other items involved? The basic engine block seems to be the same. Would like to know, if it works, would the 3 added horses be noticeable, not speed-wise but power-wise with the properly matched prop. I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere but may want to carry more gear.

Nope, two different blocks. The 15 hp and 10hp are the same block and carb. To convert a 10 to a 15, is just a plastic timing cam part.

Fuzzygrub is right. Youll need to replace the whole powerhead. Ive done it, but its very expensive for the amount of power youll get. I suggest just getting an 18, and rebadging it with whatever you need.

Guess I was mistaken. The bore on the 18HP shows to be a little larger than the 15HP but the stroke is the same. If the powerhead would have to be replaced I won't mess with it then. I was hoping the bore of the carb was the only difference. I don't have an 18 carb anyway and they may be hard to find or guys may be real proud of them.

Attachments

• NS15Bspecs.JPG
    NS15Bspecs.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 429

Latest posts