9.9 johnny

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
went fishing for a month with the new boat.it worked great with the new mods,but the motor :evil: -week 1:wouldnt start,new ignition.week 2-no stream,new impeller.week 3-motor dies, after pumping the bulb it runs for what seems to be a full fuel line worth of gas, it quits.any ideas what to look for ? fuel pump maybe ? i got tired of paying for repairs and bought a 2011 yamaha 15 2 stroke for the last week of the trip.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 361
Don't blame the engine! Older engines (all engines) need routine servicing and with today's ethanol extended fuels all rubber parts in your fuel system will probably eventually need to be replaced. Your fuel pump sounds like it has seen better days due probably from the ethanol. A OEM repair kit will have ethanol resistant components in it and you should be good to go. Maintenance should or at least could have been done prior to your trip and you would have been good to go for far less money than buying an replacement engine! You have one of the most reliable engines ever built but any engine is only as reliable as the service schedule given to it and the maintenance applied to it. Your Yamaha lives under those same rules! Your scenario is a prime example of why I go through all the maintenance points of an engine before reselling one. I would not want one of my customers to have a poor experience such as yours. Nice fish by the way.......how did they taste??

Latest posts