No water out of the pisser. Possibly clogged with sand?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I hit a shoal this past weekend and then my pisser stopped. The shoal was about 2.5" deep so it did not stop me but I definately hit it good. It consisted of small to medium rocks and sand. I have taken the lower unit and the water pump out and nothing seems to be clogging it. There was some sand in the water pump which leads me to believe the cooling system is clogged with sand. How do I get this sand out? I have tried an air compressor but nothing has fallen out or anything. I need some help people!

I just hooked up an air compressor to the pisser and air comes out of the bottom of the tube that sticks in to the top of the water pump. I'm going to replace the impeller just because but now I'm really stumped.

didn't have any water inside the cowling did you, maybe the impact cracked a hose, or you could have a small rock(s)/pebbles in the system. any way to "back flush" it and maybe force it out the way it got in the system ?

TNtroller said:
didn't have any water inside the cowling did you, maybe the impact cracked a hose, or you could have a small rock(s)/pebbles in the system. any way to "back flush" it and maybe force it out the way it got in the system ?

Good call. I have some large syringes for cleaning our printers. I will try that tomorrow. I have a feeling it is my impeller. I put a new one in and it looks a lot better than the old one. The old one is only 1 year old but I had it apart..........

I had a similar problem with a Johnson motor recently. Compressed air made it through the up tube to the pisser hole but water still didn't flow. Shooting water with the garden hose into the up take tube in the lower housing caused water to come out of the cavity where the pee hole would be but not quite as powerful as it should be so my conclusion was that the seal at the top of the tube was probably collapsed partially closing the tube.

I once cleared sediment out of the tube on an older Evinrude by using a combination of compressed air, clothes hanger and a lot of WD40.

Good luck!

Heavy weed eater line is a good thing to use to run through the lines to unclog if it ever happens again.

Sounds to me like it could have been the impeller though. Hmmm...?????

Latest posts