Possibly trading motors...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Ok so I have been cruising Craigslist just keeping an eye on any good deals that may arise.

Since putting a floor and adding a 2nd trolling motor battery to my boat, my 9.9 (15hp carb) will not get my boat up on plane with 2 people in it.

I found a guy about 30 mins from me that has a 1975 25hp Evinrude but its a long shaft.

My motor is a 1976 Johnson 9.9 with a 15hp carb installed. The main reason I got this motor is because I figured I would be fishing some smaller lakes with a 10hp limit, but I have not had it out on one of those lakes at all and I don't foresee myself doing so in the near future.

After talking with him a bit on the phone, he would be interested in a straight up trade. Do you guys think this would be a good trade? Keep in mind I would have to buy or fab up a jack plate.

Personally, I think your motor is worth more than the 25 since it is a long shaft.I would wait & find a short shaft for your boat.

I kind of thought that as well but just wasn't sure.

I thought I had another one..1975 Johnson 25hp, Electric Start, short shaft...but the guy was only interested in selling and not trading because he already had a 9.9 :(

Latest posts