Year of manufacturing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck,

I have a Honda 15hp that i purchased in 2000....they don't list the year on thier motors, only a set of 4 letters ( in my case BAAL) followed by a series of 8 or 9 numbers.

I called 3 Honda dealers in my area each of them told me the BAAL indicated the motor was a '97...one of the dealers took a few minutes and entered the # into some data base and informed me that the motor ACTUALLY was built in 1993 , sold new in '97 ! He also told me dealer name and the state where it was purchased.

Perhaps you could contact a Suzuki dealer and they may be able to do the same for you ..... Just a thought.

No problem...Glad to help.

In the short time I have been onboard, I have learned so much from the many knowledgeable and friendly members, who were willing to take the time to respond to my questions and concerns..... all with valuable and useful advice and opinions.

I have not been a member very long, but I can tell you that
this is by far the best and most informative website :USA1:
I have ever had the priviledge to be assosciated with !

It feels good to know that I have been able to contribute and help someone else......

Welcome aboard Chuck ! :beer:

troutski said:
Thanks a ton, I did what you said and my local dealer hooked me up..
Thanks again for the quick reply

Chuck
What year is it?

1986, originally thought to be a 1979... The Marina repair shop believes it was one of the best years for the 2 strokes. Sure would like to replace it with a four stroke, my wallet is crying about the sonar I just picked up..... Oh the money I spend to release these fish.....funny stuff.

Chuck

Hey Chuck...Interesting bout Honda using letters for year. My "2000" uses BAJE as prefex. Wonder if it really is a 2000 ??
The newbie from Canada
Buff

clamman said:
Chuck,

I have a Honda 15hp that i purchased in 2000....they don't list the year on thier motors, only a set of 4 letters ( in my case BAAL) followed by a series of 8 or 9 numbers.

I called 3 Honda dealers in my area each of them told me the BAAL indicated the motor was a '97...one of the dealers took a few minutes and entered the # into some data base and informed me that the motor ACTUALLY was built in 1993 , sold new in '97 ! He also told me dealer name and the state where it was purchased.

Perhaps you could contact a Suzuki dealer and they may be able to do the same for you ..... Just a thought.