Stabil, Seafoam, Ring Free, Oh my!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
I have a brand new 25hp yamaha 2-stroke. Keep debating with myself what additives I should use. I've been using marine Stabil for the ethanol treatment properties. I have Seafoam, like that a lot too. Yamaha recommends Yamaha Ring Free. So what should I use, all three at the same time? :|

What's everyone else using?

I use Stabil when I put the boat away at the end of duck season. Startron when getting the boat ready for duck season and Seafoam all the time.

fender66 said:
I'm still using Stabil with every tank and two swigs every night before bed. :shock:

two swigs of WHAT ?? LOL

I use marine stabil all the time, if I were to have any problems I would use the seafoam. I have seafoam on the shelf along with some startron, but have not used either in the 2stroke yet. I have used seafoam in the cars to clean things up there but not in the 2stroke.

It's good to use Seafoam in every tank, as a preventative. I used it heavily to blow out any carbon build up, then maybe 1-2 oz per 6 gallons to keep it cleaned up.

I am a huge believer in Seafoam. I've seen it work miracles with gummed up carbs and to decarbonize engines. I can't speak for what's best for your Yamaha, but Seafoam is a great product. Like Skidz, I use it in almost every tank for a preventative. We all have Ethanol horror stories and Seafoam has kept me and all my fishing buddies running w/o trouble. -Eric

I wouldn't use anything. Maybe some stabil if your going to leave your motor sitting for a long time.

Latest posts