Two questions on 1966 Johnson 20hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C.

Reaction score
First Question: Is there an easier way to flush this motor without having to use a grabage can full of water? I am wondering if the flush systems that are rectangle in shape would work?

Second Question: I am about to start replacing the gaskets/seals in the foot for this same motor and am wondering how bad of a job this is? I have replaced the water pump without problem however I have not even takedn the foor a part yet. Any help or tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, everyone has always been helpful!

Replacing seals and the spagetti seal on the gearcase on that series engine is very easy but requires a special tool to remove the shift shaft seal. That seal by the way is usually the first to start leaking. If you can do the rest of the seals then it would just cost you a few bucks to take the case to a shop and have them change that shift shaft seal. If you want to you can go to www.aomci.org and into the ask a member section and buy one from a member there by the name of Frank Robb. He is reasonable and builds nice stuff.

Latest posts