1958 Evinrude 35 HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm considering purchasing a 16' boat as my first project. I want to set the boat up with a tiller motor. However, it comes with a 1958 Evinrude 35 HP remote steering engine. Is this motor something that I would be able to sell? Or trade in? What kind of value does it have? The carb was recently rebuilt and it runs good. Thanks

J_R_D said:
I'm considering purchasing a 16' boat as my first project. I want to set the boat up with a tiller motor. However, it comes with a 1958 Evinrude 35 HP remote steering engine. Is this motor something that I would be able to sell? Or trade in? What kind of value does it have? The carb was recently rebuilt and it runs good. Thanks

That year is a favorite among old outboard lovers. Don't expect too much for it though.
Running condition is better than non-running.
Craigslist or Ebay is a good choice for selling it.
Also, you can post a free ad on the antique outboard motor forum...
https://www.aomci.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=Webvertize

That engine can be made into a tiller controlled engine very easily. You will need the tiller handle assembly and the sector gear and shaft that the handle assembly mates up to. Thats about it! Those were and are great running and behaving engines. I run one on the back of my 16' Alumacraft that was the same model as yours. I left the electric start on it and converted it over to tiller. Will be taking it on a 35 mile lunch trip on Friday with a bunch of other antique and vintage engines and have complete confidence in it.

IMG_2987.jpg