88 25 hp Yamaha oil injection to pre-mix.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckwhisperer

Reaction score
Anyone converted their outboard? Seems like it would be more bulletproof. I have heard that the way these particular motors were made, that converting will possibly gum up the carbs....any input appreciated.

I have done this as directed by one of my customers who did not trust Autolube.

You have to remove all of the injection equipment, plug the oil pump hole, and up the main jet size in the carbs. I can't remember what size we settled with but Yamaha was really no help in the matter. Seems like we went up 8 sizes.

That said, I've not ever once seen an Autolube pump fail short of user neglect. Run one out of oil or tip it upside down for any length of time and air gets into the pump-and they don't pump air and then there goes your expensive engine. That was the only time I've ever seen a pump fail, whether it was a Wave Runner or outboard. In the case of Wave Runners, people blamed the pumps, but as I said, if they ever get air in them, the engine will fail.

One last note...I personally think that the oil injected 25 twin carb was one of the smoothest running 25 2 strokes that were ever produced :)

My 40hp Merc is the first oil injected 2 stroke for me. I inquired about premixing and the owner of the shop that swapped motors for me said to leave it alone. Okay.............................

Latest posts