1980s Mariner 40hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallzyballzy

Reaction score
I've been looking on this forum for a few years. Just finally picked up a 14' Jon Boat for $200 that I'm going to fix up for duck hunting. I came into a great deal though. My buddy is going to sell me a 14' Crestliner with a 1980s 40hp Mariner, 1997 25hp Mercurcy force, and a trailer for $500. Pretty good deal in my book.

I was going to keep the 25hp Force and trailer and sell the 40hp with the crestliner. The only problem is the 40hp needs throttle linkage. Any idea on how much or where I would find that? How much is the Mariner 40hp worth? The boat isn't in the best shape, but I figure I can get $300 out of it.

I'm just trying to do this low-buck! And if I do it right, I think I could come out with a free jon boat, trailer and motor! Just need your guyses help on what to do with the mariner.

Thanks. I'll post up a thread when I start my duck boat. Thanks guys for all the ideas and inspirations

Does the mariner run? Is it complete? Do you have the title for it? Do you have controls? Is the Lower unit complete and working?All those questions influence how much you can ask for it when you sell it.

It runs. Needs the throttle linkage. Which was about 8 bucks online. I might just order it and put it on myself.
Came with controls. Lower unit is complete and works.

I had a friend with a mid 80's 40 mariner. He had excellent service out of it. I was so impressed with it overall that I was looking for one a few years back for another idea I had. I wasn't able to find one close enough for it to work for me so I scrapped the idea.

Latest posts