Tiller handle 1987 evinrude 48 SPL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gouran01 said:
Been searching and searching, did this motor have a tiller handle option? If not, will the tiller off of another work?

Not sure, but yes others should work. The tiller handle from 40 to at least 75 horse is all the same. Might even be the same tiller handle for the V4 engines (85hp backtroller was a factory V4 tiller)

I posted a want ad for one, and a guy in Grand Rapids sold one to me for 50bucks. Can't beat that, especially after trying to find a deal on E-bay.

If you do go the craigslist route I would post ads in some of the WI, MN cities. More likely to find something over there than here (I think I just got really lucky)

Have you ever seen what is involved in the tiller handle setup? If you need a Picture I'll get you one. Basically a bracket bolts to the steering arm on the engine, and then the tiller handle bolts to it. Shifter bolts to the engine bracket, and runs through the cowl.

I traded a 1994, 48 Special this year. Mine didn't have any features for a tiller handle. The port side of the motor had the starter motor, fuel log manifold, and fuel pump. The starboard side of the motor had the shift and throttle controls as well as the primer solenoid.

Latest posts