Fuel problems with 92 Evinrude 25hp Help Please!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randolph49

Reaction score
I have a 92 25 horse evinrude with a jet pump on it. It has been running fine but i went to use it a couple days ago and it started and would idle but as soon as i tried to give it gas it would bog out and die. I took the carb off, cleaned it put it back on and now it starts but dies almost immediately. I took the fuel pump off and apart and it looks ok too. I took the carb off again and held it upright with the bowl off and the float in the down position so i could see the needle valve and i noticed it was sticking but when i shook the carb around it would fall down like it should. So could the carb need a new needle and seat or maybe the fuel pump bladder is streched and needs rebuild? Im at a loss if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I was taught anytime you take the carb's or fuel pump or anything with gaskets apart it is best practice to use new ones. They might look good and you might get away with reusing them.. but one small tear or pinhole and your redoing the work you just did.

you could have a clogged highspeed jet.. or your float isnt set correctly or your needle is sticking..

Probably a stopped up main jet or a bad fuel pump. Main jets in the bottom of the bowl behind the brass screw. Be careful if you try to remove it because alot of times they stick in there. I like to take a torch to the area the jet is seated in to free up the jet. Be careful not to burn anything down with the left over gas and all. Make sure you have a screw driver that fits the jet nicley also. I like to use torch cleaning wire or some kind of small diameter wire that will fit in the jet just to make sure there isn't any varnish reastricting flow.
Good luck.

I got it fixed I rebuilt the carb took out the high speed jet, it was all clear but the thing I think was the problem was the little gasket that seals the tube where the high speed jet and the little tube that comes down and goes through the middle of the float and into the tube where the high speed jet is, that little little gasket was ripped and I put that new one in and now the motor runs better than it ever has. Thanks for the help and the advice guys you are always very helpful.

Latest posts