25hp Game fisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTord03

Reaction score
Im looking at a 25hp game fisher. I dont know anything about these motors. Anybody have or had this type of motor? What should I look for? Thanks

I have a 96 15hp Force which is pretty much the same as a Gamefisher. I have not had any problems with it. I would make sure that it has a good prop on it because they don't make aluminum props for my Force any more, only plastic props (may be different with gamefisher). They are good motors, easy to work on. However if you find a merc or johnson/evinrude defiantly buy it before the gamefisher. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

sixgun86 said:
You should look for a Johnson/Evinrude. Might be difficult finding parts or a knowledgeable mechanic for off brand motors.

What are some if any issues with them? I have a 9.8 mercury now, but I want more hp.

There is nothing wrong with them. They just are not fully supported with parts. I would think that most mercury mechanics would be able to work on them sense Gamefisher was part of Mercury.

Latest posts