1975 Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTord03

Reaction score
I found a 1975 Evinrude 25 horse for 500.00 Im not familiar with these motors. Says its fully functional and everything works. How would i know what this thing is actually worth? Thanks

Run it. Throw it in a barrel or the back of a boat. Pop the cowl and see how clean it is... See if it has been started before you got there, warm? How difficult is it to start cold? Pull the rope, feel like it has good compression? Does it go into Forward and reverse? Does it pee? Good idle? Short shart or Long, which do you need?

If you can't run it I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much. If it does all these things then it might just be well worth it.. wouldn't hurt to nego. If it doesn't do these things then it's really up in the air how much it might cost to fix, you could easily spend $500 repairing it if not doing your own labor.

The cost difference between a fully functioning outboard, and one that needs work, can be a bunch.

I could see that motor, running good, with recent tune up/impeller change, selling for close to 1k.

An unknown history, not running engine but complete of that size/vintage could sell for $250.

I ended up purchasing this motor. It started and runs good. Got him down to 350.00 with tank. Im pretty excited if i may say so

Latest posts