Best Gas To Use

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahBassKicker

Reaction score
Do you guys have any preference as to where you buy gas for your motors? I've always been a Chevron guy but I'm not sure if one is better than another. Any thoughts or input out there?

Costco! Yes, I'm cheap but it doesn't seem to matter in my cars or boats. I even used Costco premium gas in my high compression 67 Mustang!

I just ask because I don't know if different brands/companies have different levels of ethanol. Ethanol is bad if left in motors for long periods of time, right?

I worked for a auto repair shop that sold gas as well. What I learned is that gas is gas. The distributor that delivered our fuel also delivered to a Mobil station next door. The differences between most different gas stations is octane. We used 87 and 91 octane. Others use 87, 89 and 91 or 93. I use 93/94 for my boat Shell or Sunoco . I figure 6 gallons of high test is worth the performance and better burn, which adds to better fuel economy. my 14ft with a 89 2 stroke 15hp Evinrude runs 23mph with me and my wife, trolling motor, full gas tank, battery, and our gear. And I can run flat out all day, and still have fuel left.
Watch your octanes. Cheap no name gas stations can have decent gas, just stay away from older stations that do not have newer underground tanks. Those are the ones that could have water contamination. And do not run low octanes. 6 gallons of high test ain't going to break the bank. In most cases it is $1.20 more to fill a 6 gallon tank.

My favorite gas is 100% pure gasoline. Fortunately, I'm still able to get the non-ethanol stuff at a gas station near me.

Latest posts