Broken latch strap on Minn Kota Edge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
I managed to break the rope on my Minn Kota Edge today and couldn't fix it on the lake. Once I got home I took a look. The rope is attached to a latch bracket, and I can tie the rope to the latch bracket. The problem is that the latch bracket is then attached to a latch strap ( actually, it's a thin metal bar) that goes down inside a completely enclosed metal arm, and the latch bracket has broken loose from the latch strap (it's attached only by a couple of rivets). The only way to get to it is to remove a pin from either end of the arm. The pins seem to be pressed into the arm, and I think the only way to get them out is to maybe use a punch to force them out one side or the other. I tried whacking it with a punch and hammer but it didn't move and I'm afraid I'll screw something up if I force it too much. Has anybody got any idea how to proceed?

Perhaps this ** site will help. If not, and you don't get an answer here, try www.iboats.com They have a minnkota secton. R

** https://www.minnkotamotors.com/service/ascs.aspx