1974 Evinrude 15hp Part Needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicman619

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1974 Evinrude 15hp outboard, model 15404G. It is missing the Tilt Pin and spring. It is a long "L" shaped pin that can be removed and set in different holes to tilt the motor up or down.

The part numbers are:

Tilt Pin 0387524 (replaces 0378158 Thrust Rod)

Spring 0323471 (replaces 0307653 Thrust Rod Spring)

If anyone can help, please contact me. The Tilt pin is selling for like $65 online. I was hoping someone out there on Tinboats might have what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Jason

Stainless bolt, washer, wing nut. Just bought one for my 15hp couple months ago... Want to say 5/16. Best bet is to find a bolt around the house and see which will fit first before going to purchase one, then obviously measure length. My local marine store had plenty of stainless to choose from.. Came out to $7. If you can't find one, in hardware at hd or lowes there are 12" or 18" threaded rods next to the angle iron. cut to fit.

Ditto to the guy above me. I just bought a threaded rod, and a nut.

Cut it off about and 1 1/2" longer than needed and then bend one end up like an L.

Thanks for the replys! I was hoping it would be an easy fix like that. I just didn't know if there was anything special about a $65 dollar bolt!! :shock: