Hi all and question about remote control

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey.bean

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster.

I have a 2004 1860 Tracker Grizzly with a 2003 50 Merc on the back. I use the boat for waterfowling, crabbin and fishing, in that order.

The boat was a CC, but to gain more room, I moved the console to starboard. I dont really like the remote where it is now, for one thing, with my duck blind in place I cant get WOT. I think it would work out better to the right of the helm, but as you can see, if the pic comes through,

img2242md.jpg]
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I dont have a great deal of room. I know I would need a new remote to work in this location.

I guess i'm hoping with all the great rebuilds Ive seen on here, you guys may have some ideas I havent thought of.

Thanks,
Jeff

this should work for you..... process is
COPY the image url
Hit Img on the top line
Place your cursor in between the two cursor[\img] entries
hit CONTROL V (or paste)

[img]https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5846/img2242md.jpg

So, do I understand the problem is that the throttle control handle won't go all of way forward?

If so...

a. Move the remote to the other side of the console, though you might have to get new cables.

b. Move the console an inch or so to the left

c. Never used a hot foot...but..heck if it will do the job.... sure seems like the easiest solution.

d. Can you cut away enough of the duck blind to allow full throttle? If it was cut like a "flap" you could put it back in place when you get to your destination???

R

Thanks for the replys.

The throttle hits the frame of the blind ( conduit) at about 3/4 throttle, which doesn't bother me to much, as I don't need to set any speed records while duck hunting.

I think what bothers me most is comfort, I generally drive the boat standing up, and with moving the console to sb, it just puts the remote in an awkward position.

I'm thinking of moving the wheel a couple inches to the port side of the console to allow room to mount a binniacle style remote in that empty spot on the sb side of the wheel.

Would RAISING the console a couple of inches give you the additional clearance that you need? Seems like a pretty simple solution if your wires and cables have the extra length needed.

If not that, can you raise the remote's mounting on the console?

regards, R