Prop woes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckr74

Reaction score
So I broke the prop on my 25 hp mariner and bought an aftermarket prop. It's a Vortex (supposedly) performance prop 10 1/8 X 13p. Well it's not the same as the OEM prop for sure. It fits ok but the difference is that the center hub is larger so it has less of a blade. It was about $30.00 less so I went for it. Out of the hole I think it's cavitating and WFO the motor winds up too tight but haven't confirmed that yet. Definitely more RPMs though. Anyone else have this experience?

You need a tach and a GPS to see if your "investment" worked. Even if anyone answered the question the answer would give you no significant answer since they are not running the same boat with the same engine and the same load and load placement.
The more information you supply here on the forum the better the answer will be. At this point there is no information on what boat, what speed you had initially, etc.

I have a 25hp mariner and bought a four bladed prop from BPS. works great. better on the low end but lost a little top speed. it's a comprop. I think it was around $90.00 I'm happy with it

Latest posts