Read this spark plug

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdholmes

Reaction score
Anyone care to take a crack at this? I am not familiar enough with diagnosing spark plugs to read them well..li can tell if it's really bad and this doesn't look that bad too me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326556756.687311.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326556756.687311.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 311
It doesn't look to bad but you really can't tell just by looking at them (on less it is real bad broke etc.) Are you having a problem or just checking things over?

Just giving everything a looking over...greasing the points, checking the impeller, changing the lower unit oil....

I haven't started the motor yet, and it has set for a couple years. Everything seems in good shape on it so I am fixing today or tomorrow to put it in a bucket and see if she'll start up.

I actually took them out to do a compression test as well, but then I realized you can't do a compression test if you haven't warmed it up, so I have to start it first. :p

Looks fine to me. Not really any carbon build up. Make sure the gap is correct and you should be good to go. I change my plugs once a year no matter what, sometimes twice a year. You can never be too safe.

Latest posts