Tinytach mounting location

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotodd

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this location? In case you can't see it, right in the center near the start button. Think this is a good idea or should I move it elsewhere? It's a 2000 model Yamaha F25ESH 4 stroke 25 HP tiller steer.

018.jpg

it's not like we use the tach all the time anyway. Typically I'll install it temporarily to check the prop selection, once I have it selected to get max RPM, I usually take them off anyway. I made that bracket so that it will stay with the motor, meaning if I took the motor off to put on another boat, there's not a bunch of wires to get in the way. The tach wire runs inside the sheave that the throttle cable goes through. No holes needed to be drilled anywhere so if I wanted to take it off, it wouldn't leave two gaping holes in anything. I use the hourmeter function more than the tach, and some of my customers ask for an hourmeter but we've never really been able to find a decent place to put one on the little motors. The bigger remote steer motors, we'd put in a Yamaha multi-function gauge or command-link gauges. But on the duck boats and little flat bottoms (25 HP and under) they're hard to find enough real estate to mount any sort of gauge and it be out of the way while fishing or hunting. So I came up with this idea. Easy to make, and time will tell how long it lasts. I may try making it with a different material (stainless). Current one is .080" Aluminum-part of an old trolling motor bracket. So far it seems like it's going to be fine. Just sandwiches in between the tiller and the swivel bracket, and the factory nuts still have enough thread in the nylock nuts to work as they're supposed to. Guess I need to try it on the new F25's (2009-). Should work but I think I'm going to make a few more and try one next time I'm messing with a little 25.

Latest posts