motor value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpd165

Reaction score
I have a 1993 model 15 hp Mercury 2 stroke electric and pull start tiller handle motor I am thinking of selling. I've searched NADA, craigslist and ebay and have not had much luck. NADA has general prices, but I found nothing on craigslist and nothing comparible on ebay. I take this as a good sign, meaning they are sought after items. I'm trying to find a fair asking price to list to it for sale. It runs excellent, no issues. What is a fair asking price for something like this?

Fair enough. I'm located in McKinney, TX, which is about 30 miles North of Dallas. The decals are a bit faded and scratched, but nothing major. The motor runs excellent.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 670
I am in Bastrop TX and something like that would fetch up to about $900. I know my little brother bought a 15 mariner that was a pull start 1998 model a couple years back for $500. You could probably start with an asking price of $1000.00 and go from there. The best things about your motor is the electric start but the main attraction is those models had the reverse on the tiller handle. That is a hot item when running trot lines in moving water.

Try posting on WWW.texasfishingforum.com or craigslist. I recently paid $350 for a 15hp sea king. I would say you can get 450-650 for it as a guess. 25 hp can be had for about that or a little more. good luck :roll: :roll:

Are you sure that's a '93? It looks like a '98+. With electric start and with it being in such good condition I think that you could get 800-900 easy. Around here probably 950-1050.
Hope this helps and good luck!

I sure wish it was a 98 +, that would increase my value. I just looked at my title and it says 1993 Mercury. I tried searching by the ID number listed on the title and did not find anything online. When I get home I will look at the ID plate on the motor and make sure there are no discrepencies. But, when I bought it I was told it was a 93 model and the title says 93 as well.

Hey I looked up some pictures of a 93 & a 97. Yours looks like the 97.

Attachments

• stroke_outboard_best_offer_3330934.jpg
    stroke_outboard_best_offer_3330934.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 619
  • marine_engine_449580.jpg
    marine_engine_449580.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 619
JBooth, thank you for the pictures. Mine does look just like the 97 and not like the 93, but my title says 93? I need to do some research and see if it was possibly titled wrong.

Latest posts