Motor rack/support

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
This was a little motor project I tackled so I could get the motor from in the garage in to the warm house to work on it........
Cheap and quick to make.

after a few 2x4's and some casters....we have a rack on wheels!!

Attachments

• rack 1.jpg
    rack 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 503
  • rack 2.jpg
    rack 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 503
Looks like mine except that I didn't put wheels on it permanently. When it came time to move it, I set it on two mover's dollies. I was surprised how quickly the stand would roll down a driveway!

Here is another option. Made from a walker. These are available at Salvation Army and all over the place. Dirt simple and cheap. Rolls easily and then folds up when not in use. The angle of the "transom" is even easier to duplicate when you make one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_20120129_214515.jpg
    IMG_20120129_214515.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 480
Here is another style. This is one of several I made to hold my vintage engine fleet or at least some of them. These also come apart fairly easily as they are screwed together using T nuts and bolts. Service trays were made and added to them. I got to where I could produce one in a couple hours minus the coatings.

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Guess I went overkill on mine. 1 5/8" 4130 Chromemoly tubing that was left over from building a dragster chassis. Welded it all up and put 4 500 lb casters on it. Figure it outta hold up an F350 if it needed to. Biggest I've had on it is a little F150...so far.

Latest posts