85 Evinrude 30HP HELP!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambrent18

Reaction score
I've got an 85 evinrude 30 horse with a jet foot. It runs fine for a while then all of a sudden its like you turn it half throttle and boggs down. Any ideas why this would happen?

had similar thing on 9.9 merc. it was one of the coils. don't know if that's whats causing your problem. mine would start and run fine for awile, and then start doing what your talking about. probablly had something to do with the coil heating up.

Sounds like ignition checks should be made. You can throw parts at it until you fix it but it would do you well to take it to an authorized shop and pay to have them diagnose the issue.You will, in most cases, end up spending less money than throwing parts at it until it runs. In most cases you will be able to change out the part. Am betting on a power pack on this one but would not just replace it without testing the complete ignition.

just went had sam problem ,toke all wires on motor one at atime loss ! cleaned with sand paper wire ends anconnections !that to care of our problem !with my brothers evinrude ! "lets fish salt"

Latest posts