1963 18hp evinrude fastwin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place to find parts for a 1963 18hp evinrude fastwin? Also I will use the motor in both the Colorado Rocky mountains and in central Nebraska. How do I adjust it to cope with the large elevation fluctuations?

I've never dealt with trying to run outboards at elevation but I would think it's going to be similar to other small engines like motorcycles that are normally aspirated (carb). You have to install smaller jets in order to get them to run right when going from a lower elevation to a higher elevation. That's not to say they won't run in both places with the same jets. It just tends to run too rich for peak performance at higher elevations because your supplying the same amount of fuel with less oxygen.

Almost every single service part is still readily available through a Johnson/Evinrude dealership. Those same people will be able to tell you the normal difference in jetting between a sea level engine and one that is to be used at your new elevation. Meet and talk to a dealer when you get there. marine engine parts and Seaway are two very good places to obtain parts online if you decide against supporting your local businesses.

you should be able to adjust your mixture for the elevation changes with a knob right by the choke and kill button. I had a 64 johnson/evinrude 18 hp. great motors. as mentioned most parts are avail from dealer.