Prop recommendations?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guygasm

Reaction score
Got a 14' tin boat, decked fwd, no other major mods. Got a 9.9 yammie 4 stroke. Any recommendations on prop pitch. Looking for top end over hole-shot, but somewhere in the middle might be ok. boat is usually operated toward max weight.

Thanks

I was looking a props for my boat. Guy who sells them said see what rpm my boat is with prop I have now. He can then tell if able to change it. Said would blow motor if changed it with wrong one.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar boat and motor setup, and what prop they are running, and pros and cons. I would like to go S.S. but thats a little cost prohibitive, so probably aluminum is what I want. Any pitch recommendations? I've been running such a gnarly wheel for so long, I forgot what the boat SHOULD perform like.

I was also looking at ss prop. Dealer said yes it may have alitle less flex and notice minor differences on how boat would perform out of hole shot. He recommended against it, with motor no coming with it and built for it chances are higher of causing damage to gears in motor if hit something are alot higher, being it is harder metal.

I would try an 8" or 9" pitch to keep the motor in its powerband. If you go too high in pitch, the motor will be a dog, and you most likely will not be able to get on plane or have a decent holeshot.

Wallijig said:
I was also looking at ss prop. Dealer said yes it may have alitle less flex and notice minor differences on how boat would perform out of hole shot. He recommended against it, with motor no coming with it and built for it chances are higher of causing damage to gears in motor if hit something are alot higher, being it is harder metal.
I put a ss prop on my 9.9 yamaha and i saw a big improvment in both hope shot and top end
it ran like a champ 18mph with just me 15ft alumaweld bass boat all tin decks and console 6 gallon tank 2 size 27 batteries and me at 300lbs

Latest posts