tach question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilge247

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 2009 mercury 40 jet on my jon and was wondering how to wire up a tach. Do I need a smartcraft harness or can I wire it myself? trying to find p#s for the smart craft is a pia. Also what tach guages do you guys recommend? thanks

tiny tach......I have never used this device, but have read some good comments about it. I believe all that you have to do is wind the wire around the spark plug wire...

Please read the sites's instructions and do some further checking first.

regards, R

https://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/gasoline.php

p.s. I have a tach on both of my boats. NEVER use them, though, except when I was setting them up. Don't use the tach in may car, either.

Ive seen those but I need it to run up to the steering console. Can the gauge be mounted that far away? I have a alumacraft 16 ft mv1648 side console. Just like you Im trying to set up the boat weight balence and trim.

bilge247 said:
Ive seen those but I need it to run up to the steering console. Can the gauge be mounted that far away? I have a alumacraft 16 ft mv1648 side console. Just like you Im trying to set up the boat weight balence and trim.
Per the Tinytach web site.
Standard cable length is 6 feet. Additional length can be added at the factory for $10. If not standard, please specify total length needed in the "comments" section at the end of the order page.

Latest posts